Jesus commanded each of us as His disciples to “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15).
Our mandate as followers of Jesus Christ is to take the Gospel into all the world and to make the name of Christ known among all peoples. We are compelled to proclaim the Gospel, the only hope for billions who have not yet heard about the good news of Christ.
This mandate requires a sacrificial commitment. A sacrifice to go, and a sacrifice to send. Sacrificial giving by Southern Baptists enables us to place thousands of missionaries across the globe. The Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions remain the lifeline for countless missionary families, who have sacrificed to go to the farthest corners of our world.
As we enter this season that highlights the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions, it should make each of as believers ask prayerfully, “What is in my wallet?”
Simply put, your giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions enables missionaries to be sent to share the Gospel, disciple those who come to Christ, and multiply churches among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God. Southern Baptists realized when they began this special offering in 1888 that we can do more when we cooperate together for the sake of Christ than any of us can do alone.
When you give to Lottie Moon:
- 100% of your gifts directly support missionaries serving the unreached.
- You are making a way for the 2.8 billion people who have little access to the Gospel to hear of Jesus.
- You are helping to transform lives around the world.
- You are part of reaching the nations for Christ.
- You are playing a role in the Bible being translated into every tongue and language.
- You are providing hot meals, blankets, and clean water for refugee families.
- You are enabling us to be God’s hands of compassion following disasters across the globe.
- You are providing medical leaders in hospitals in broken places.
- You are providing training for church leaders and pastors.
- You are fulfilling the Great Commission of our Lord.
Why give to the Lottie Moon Christmas offering?
Maybe, it would be better to ask, how as a follower of Christ, could I not give to this offering that is making the name of Christ known in every corner of our globe?
As Lottie Moon, missionary in China in 1887, said, “Why should we not…do something that will prove that we are really in earnest in claiming to be followers of him who, though He was rich, for our sake became poor?”