Spring has officially arrived, which means it is time for our annual missionary orientation and commissioning of the new missionaries serving in Kentucky. The orientation is a time for the missionaries to learn about the Kentucky Baptist Convention, the Cooperative Program, and many resources and support available to them. This time of networking with each other is most valuable.
Eight men and women that have sensed God’s call to serve in ministries across our state will be commissioned at the Kentucky Woman’s Missionary Union Missions Celebration on Saturday morning, April 1st, at Central Baptist Church in Corbin.
Those new missionaries are:
- Damon & Yolonda Armstead, Executive Director and Director of Weekday Ministries at the Baptist Fellowship Center in Louisville.
- Cory Bledsoe, Executive Director of Louisville Rescue Mission.
- Joanna Mack, Executive Director of Grace & Mercy in Hopkinsville.
- Renee Parsons, Director of Hope Central, a ministry of Central Baptist Church in Ashland.
- Teresa Purichia, Interim Executive Director of Crossroads Life Center, a pregnancy care center in Glasgow.
- Twyla Sheffield, KBC Northern Region Missions Mobilization Consultant.
- Kendra Smallwood, Director of “A Chosen Sisterhood” women’s ministry of Rockhouse Baptist Church in Hyden.
This year’s WMU Celebration will also feature an Eastern Kentucky Missions Extravaganza that you will not want to miss. During the Extravaganza participants will have an opportunity to visit and interact with many of the eastern Kentucky missionaries for a “hands-on” experience of the work they do.
By all means, we would like to extend a special invitation for you to join us for this year’s KY WMU Celebration and commissioning service, and pledge your support to these new missionaries.
The 2017 Kentucky Missionary of the Year will also be announced.
For more information on the Kentucky WMU Missions Celebration go to http://kywmu.org/annualmeeting.
Hope to see you there.