It’s November and Fall is in the air. The days are getting shorter. The crisp, cooler temperatures are here, and the hills are filled with the beautiful red, orange, and yellow colors of the season. Soon we will celebrate Thanksgiving Day and reflect on the many ways God has blessed us this past year.
What has your year been like? What do you have to be thankful for? How has God blessed you? And, how have you been a blessing to other people?
As I look back over the past 12 months, I want to thank God for His calling on my life and for allowing me to have a part in His great work in Kentucky. It is a blessing to serve across the state with churches, associations, KBC staff, Kentucky WMU, and most of all, our Kentucky missionaries. Below are some highlights of year for which I am thankful:
- for the 93 Kentucky Missionaries that serve across our state.
- for 17 new missionaries that joined our Kentucky Missionary Family.
- for the 3217 professions of faith reported by the missionaries.
- for over 20,000 volunteers that served with the missionaries, and many others that served churches and associations.
- for thousands of dollars of resources that were donated to Kentucky ministries.
- for the more than 15,000 Christmas Backpacks that blessed the children of Kentucky last Christmas, and for over 7000 Christmas Backpacks that were filled by Kentucky Baptists for needy children in Kentucky and the Send Cincinnati area this Christmas.
- for Kentucky Missionary of the Year Amy Wilhelmus, Director of the Moore Activity Center in Covington.
- for George & Cathy Chinn, Ryan Horrell, Pat Howard, Arlene Miller, John Morris, and Twyla Sheffield – the 7 mobilization consultants that serve assist me across the state.
- for Cooperative Program and Eliza Broadus Offering that helps to fund the ministries in Kentucky.
Many lives have been touched this year by Kentucky Baptists, and the year is not over. There are still nearly two months to serve. Who can you bless during this time? Look for ways that you can share God’s love during these last 2 months of 2017.
For information on serving with a Kentucky ministry during the holiday season contact the KBC Missions Mobilization office at 502-489-3530 or email [email protected]. You will be blessed, as well as be a blessing.