The Kentucky Baptist Convention’s Mission Mobilization Team is blessed to have 7 “self-funded” mobilization consultants across the state that stand ready to help a church, association or individual connect with in-state missions.
Their primary duties are to:
- Establish and maintain good relations with Directors of Missions, pastors, and churches in their regions.
- Recruit and enlist Kentucky Mission Service Corps and North American Mission Board MSC-funded (self-funded) missionaries, including developing prospects, following up on missionary leads, maintaining contact with the prospects, and assisting with the application process.
- Identify needs and discover places of service in Kentucky. This includes assisting with the completion of missionary requests and suggesting possible uses of KY-MSC missionaries to ministries, churches and associations.
- Promote and actively “tell the Kentucky missionary story.” They are available to make presentations at churches, associational executive board meetings, associational annual meetings, mission fairs, community events, On Mission Celebrations, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between the missionaries in their region and the KBC and/or NAMB. The consultants check regularly on the missionaries to offer support, encouragement, networking, and prayer, and communicate specific needs and prayer concerns related to the missionaries.
- Assist with short-term volunteerism, helping to identify new ministries and locate areas where short-term volunteers are needed. The consultants also help to connect mission teams with mission opportunities.
Serving as Mission Mobilization Consultants are:
- George & Cathy Chinn from Hartford (South-Central Region).
- Ryan Horrell from Louisville (Central Region).
- Pat Howard from Bowling Green (South-Central Region).
- Arlene Miller from Crofton (West Region).
- John Morris from McDowell (East Region).
- Twyla Sheffield from Winchester (North-Central Region).
Currently the South Region position is vacant and Teresa Parrett, KBC Missions Mobilization Coordinator, covers that area. (If you live in the South Region and are interested in serving as a KBC Regional Mobilization Consultant, please contact the Missions Mobilization office at [email protected].)
We are grateful for these 7 individuals, their knowledge of Kentucky missions, and their commitment to serve. They are available to you, so feel free to call on them at any time. They will be happy to assist.