“For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the Hope of the poor shall not perish forever” (Psalm 9:18).
The 41 nations of Sub-Sahara Africa are some of the neediest in the world. Would you take a moment to consider these facts about Sub-Sahara Africa:
Extreme Poverty…Civil War…Malaria…Unclean Water…High Infant Mortality…Hunger…Tribal Conflict…Draught…HIV Aids…Child-headed Homes…Malnourishment…Cholera…Cyclones…Thirst…Aids Orphans…Floods…Displaced Refugees…Lack of Medicine…Village Fires…Unreached Peoples…Unengaged Peoples…Darkness…Hopelessness.
Baptist Global Response has asked Kentucky Baptists to join them in bringing light to the nations and hope to the hopeless by coming alongside the people of Sub-Sahara Africa through strategic disaster relief and community development.
Discover how you could make a difference for the sake of Christ in Sub-Sahara Africa and around the world on April 26-27, 2013 at the Sub-Sahara Disaster Relief and Community Development Training.
At the April 26-27 training, participants will:
- Explore the biblical mandate of believers to provide compassionate care to those in need.
- Discover how Southern Baptists already are responding to international disasters.
- Learn how BGR is equipping people to rise above poverty through community development initiatives.
- Discover Biblical and strategic principles for impacting cultures around the globe through compassionate ministry.
- Receive practical training in how to serve in the Sub-Saharan culture.
- Enjoy time with Baptist Global Response Field Strategists for Sub-Sahara Africa, Mark and Susan Hatfield.
Participants choose between the two tracks:
- International Disaster Response, led by Pat Melacon, director, BGR Disaster Relief & Training
- International Community Development, led by Jeff Palmer, executive director, BGR
Space is limited to 100 persons per tracks. Advanced registration is required. Fees are $30 per person and include lunch on Saturday. Go to http://www.kybaptist.org/hope to register online.
The training sponsored by the Kentucky Baptist Convention will take place at the Highview Baptist Church – East Campus at 15201 Shelbyville Road in Louisville, Kentucky.
Training begins at 6 p.m., EDT, on Friday and continues 8 a.m., EDT, Saturday.
Questions? Contact KBC by e-mail at [email protected] by phone at (502) 489-3399 or 1-866-489-3527 (toll-free in KY), or contact Baptist Global Response by phone at (615) 367-3678.
Registration ends April 12.
Is God calling you to be His light and to bring His hope? Are you ready to go the distance for His sake?
“You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior, the Hope of all the ends of the earth…” (Psalm 65:8).