Sixteen men and women have sensed God’s call to serve in ministries across our state and will be commissioned during a very inspirational service on Friday, April 16th, during the evening session of the Kentucky Woman’s Missionary Union Annual Meeting & Celebration at Shelbyville First Baptist Church. With last year’s WMU Meeting being canceled due to COVID, we will be recognizing new missionaries for the past two years.
These new missionaries are:
- Mollie Bentley, Director of Rockhouse Baptist Church Mission Center in Hyden.
- Shawn & Carla Estes, Directors of Fortify Ministries (serving internationals & displaced people) in Glasgow.
- Audra Hatfield, Directing a community outreach (serving internationals & others) through Faith Baptist Church in Frankfort.
- Sheila Hourigan, Executive Director of House of Hope Pregnancy & Family Resource Center in Springfield.
- Linda McDonald, serving with Impact Ministries in Hopkinsville.
- Susan McIntosh, serving with Impact Ministries in Hopkinsville.
- Christian & Katie McKenzie, Directors of Hillcrest Baptist Camp in Cave-in-Rock, IL.
- Stephanie Mayes, serving with Crossroads Community Baptist Church in Whitley City.
- Joyce Morris, Missions & Ministry Associate at God’s Appalachian Partnership in McDowell,
- Tanya Parker, Missions & Ministry Associate at God’s Appalachian Partnership in McDowell.
- Denise Richards, serving with Impact Ministries in Hopkinsville.
- Brenda Sparks, serving with Cedaridge Ministries in Williamsburg.
- Alex Tenenbaum, Director of Community Engagement with Forest Baptist Church in Louisville.
- Jonas Yoder, Benevolence Director & Re-entry Coordinator with Hell is Real Ministries in Princeton.
Prior to the commissioning these missionaries will spend the day in orientation where they will learn about the Kentucky Baptist Convention, the Cooperative Program, Eliza Broadus State Missions and will be given many resources that will be beneficial to them as they serve. The time of networking with each other will also be most valuable.
You can partner with these and/or one of our current 111 Kentucky Mission Service Corps missionaries by:
- Praying for them on their birthdays using the interSEED prayer calendar (www.kybaptist.org/intrseed).
- Adopting a Kentucky missionary through our Adopt-a-Missionary program (www.kybaptist.org/adoptmissionary).
- Assisting in their ministries through a short-term mission project or partnership.
For more information please contact the KBC Missions Mobilization office at [email protected].
We hope to see you at Shelbyville First Baptist Church on April 16th. Go to www.kywmu.org and register for either in-person or online.